Thursday, December 29, 2011



Well I tried to do the video thing and made a complete blog of it. Who cares, never mind.




New Zealand Summer has been a disaster so far, except down south where they are getting temperatures in the thirties. Here in Whakatane, rain and more rain. It has not stopped us from doing the family thing at our Lake Cottage. Twenty three, ages ranging from six years to eighty six gathered for the annual celebration. The laughter and general hub bub had to be heard to believe. I must be getting a bit fossilised (at 66years), Maureen and I were happy to get home for a bit of peace.



The trout fishing was a dead loss until I found the secret to success. Having used every imaginable lure I was just about to give up but decided to put the rustiest, most worn out and colourless spoon lure onto my line. That did the trick, landed a beauty and have since smoked it and devoured it... delicious. I shall probably require a tetanus shot.





Anyway its still raining, Maureen has headed off to work at the local information office and left me instructions to vacuum the house, clean the windows and prepare for our Christchurch visitors who arrive tomorrow.




If anyone is out there, have a good one, let's hope the world settles down in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Where is Whakatane? Somewhere near Manchester, I presume!

    Happy new year John. Hope it's a good one for us both (and our families). Roger xx

    ReplyDelete