Wednesday, December 14, 2011

farm sitting


Oh boy,
Friends have just arrived with a magnificent ham for our Christmas. John and Trich live on a riverside 20ha twenty minutes drive from us. We house sit their farm when they want to get away for a break. I volunteered for the task for two reasons, firstly theirs is a character home with old world charm and secondly because the Waimana river runs a mere fifty yards from their back door. Trout abound in that river, I have caught a few; its a lovely spot with secret deep pools where our grandkids can swim. I have to use the four wheel farm bike to take hay to the cattle at the end of a bush framed valley, its lots of fun and of course the kids love to blat around the home paddock pretending to be Evil Kineval. I have a video of them somewhere...watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you.... I'll bring my trout rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cro, I have to ask,are you the only person on the planet who reads my blog-waffle?

    ReplyDelete